JH Innovations builds energy efficient homes in Calgary using Logix Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF). These forms can operate up to 400% more energy efficient than traditional building concepts.
Insulated Concrete Forms are designed as a fully insulated wall. This means that there are no studs to decrease the energy efficiency of the wall. Where traditional insulation may provide an R-Value of 12-20 and degrade over time, the insulated concrete provides a constant R-Value of up to 28 for life and can perform up to an equivalent of R-50 depending on the number of windows!
Using ICF can provide an energy savings of up to $200 per month or more!
Other Benefits of Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF)
- Very strong with a wind rating over 300MPH!
- Fire retardant including a 4 hour fire rating!
- Earthquake engineering available!
- Moisture protection preventing rot that can affect traditional construction!
- Higher sound insulation reducing outside noise!
- Structural stability of the home is not compromised by flooding!
- Click Here for more information on ICF!
Traditional Wood Construction vs. Logix ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) Construction
|Traditional Wood Frame||Logix|
|Monthly Energy Bill||$350||$150|
|Monthly Home Insurance Premium
(based on coastal areas)
|Total Monthly Costs||$2455||$2226|